/* ---- JAVA FOR EXPANDABLE STUFFF ---- */ /* ---- END JAVA FOR EXPANDABLE STUFFF ---- */

eat more paint

I deface masterpieces so you don't have to.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fountainebleau School does: Ken Paves & Jessica Simpson


I have always thought of Ken Paves as the third Simpson sister. Honestly, its not a huge stretch. Plus you can tell Jessica and Ken spoon at bedtime (in a fluffy pet, platonic kind of way, obviously). When I found the famous painting "Gabrielle d'Estrée and one of her Sisters", it begged to be remade in their image. Every night is a giggley sleepover with these two: Jessica paints his toenails, Ken experiments with a new weave on her hair, they slather their faces in avocado-creams, leave catty comments on Vanessa Manillo's message boards, watch "Pretty In Pink," and finally tickle each other to sleep. Go ahead, sneer if you want to. But we all know you're jealous. I'll be the bigger person and admit, yes, I am jealous too.

click pic to enlarge

Gabrielle d'Estrée and one of her Sisters defiled with Photoshop CS and Painter 9

••UPDATE: Thanks to Gallery of the Absurd, Perez Hilton, and Guy with a Broken Smile for posting Ken+Jess.

14 Comments:

  • This is awesome. I'll definitely check back in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • Girl - I love you already. I followed 14's link to you over at gallery of the absurd. Your comments about Ken & Jessica made me giggle out loud. So. Friggen. True. Great: Now I have another blog to visit regularly thus distracting me from my work day. Uh, thanks...I think ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

  • Wow. You just made this art history major's day. Keep posting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 PM  

  • Love it!

    By Blogger Kristen, at 12:01 AM  

  • oh sweet satire...please do more! :)

    By Blogger laura, at 6:42 PM  

  • Brilliant. Slutty and cultural all at the same time. You now have access to my pants.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM  

  • OMG you kill me that was too funny for words

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 AM  

  • GENIUS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 AM  

  • Hilarious! Don't ever stop...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 AM  

  • That is Ash toiling away in the background, right? Love it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 AM  

  • That's amazing. I'm going to look around and see what else you've done.

    By Blogger Sister Christian, at 8:45 AM  

  • PLEASE keep it up. I'm the second happy art history major here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

  • I am really looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

  • I've always loved this painting ... but you've given it a relevance we didn't know was missing. Bravo!

    By Blogger Cup, at 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home